Ohio For Responsible Gambling is an initiative aimed at promoting responsible gambling in Ohio. Four State Agencies in Ohio are working together in this effort; The Ohio Lottery Commission (OLC), the Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC), the Ohio State Racing Commission (OSRC), and The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS). OhioMHAS serves as the resource partner for the new initiative and the lead agency responsible for prevention and treatment of problem gambling.
Tips on Responsible Gambling
- Set limits on time & money.
- Know risks before you bet.
- Keep gambling a social activity.
- Never borrow to play.
- Don’t chase your losses.
- Bet only what you can afford to lose.
- Gamble with money set aside for entertainment.
- Never gamble when depressed or under stress.
- Avoid mixing gambling with alcohol or other substances.